Sunday 8 December 2019

Day 8 - While Shepherds Watched Their Flock By Night - Chas 'n' Dave

Back in the day before the beer ads, the hits, Saturday night TV and the singalong albums your Gran loved, me and my mates used to go every Friday to the Essex Arms pub in Silvertown to watch a duo called Chas 'n' Dave. Wonderfully entertaining, funny but more importantly - and people forget this - wildly rocking', we were often amazed by the number of top-notch musicians who found their way to an obscure East End boozer to play with the pair before a packed and appreciative crowd. Probably because I was young and tended to veer away once someone I liked became famous, I missed out on this album; but with an accompanying silver band, a Carol that surprisingly has not appeared on the Calendar before and the sad loss of Chas last year, I think it's time to make up for it now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment